Friday, May 5, 2023

A failed joke in Spanish.

The other Saturday night at the (Thai) restaurant where I work now, they were changing the grease in the deep frier, and they had put this long pipe thing on it and turned some nozzle and there it was, just gushing out this dark yellow brown stuff into a bucket they had set up.

"El fritador esta pisando," I was like, to one of my Guatemalan coworkers ("The frier is pissing").

But, he just gave me a look.

And, I tried the joke with another coworker, to the same effect.

But, I translated it into English for my one (chubby) (Thai) coworker, and she loved it.

Later, I googled, and it turns out that the (Spanish) word for pissing is "meando".

No wonder they were confused.

And, yet another reason that Spanish is a sh*t language.

No comments: