Thursday, March 30, 2023

Thai food preferences.

My one (chubby) (Thai) coworker **hates** spicy food, and doesn't like it in her staff meals, usually.

"I'm not very Thai," she's like.

The other day, then, when our one (Chinese-American) (college student) coworker was asking us what we all wanted to order and we were negotiating what we were all getting for the staff meal, he raised the issue of spice level, which the restaurant does on a scale of zero to four.

"Three?", he was like, "Or maybe two?".

"Oh, I don't like spicy," she was like. "Maybe zero?"

"Yeah, I'd like zero too," I was like.

"Okay, we'll do zero," he was like.

And, suddenly she seemed very happy that we weren't going to be having much spice on our food, so I was like, "Team Zero, go Team Zero!", and I went to go fist-bump our elbows, and she was all smiles and was like, "Yes, Team Zero!", and did that gesture where you go "Yessss!" and clench your fists and bring your elbows down in jubilation.

No comments: