Sunday, February 19, 2023

Restaurant optical illusion.

At the (Thai) restaurant where I now work, there's this one seat over by the side, that whenever I'm going around spot-sweeping, that I see out of the corner of my eye two very long thin bright orange strips sitting out on it, and I always think for a second that it's a few carrot strips that fell off of someone's pad thai, only it's not, it's where the chair seat cover got worn down and the cushion underneath is peeking out from where it's starting to pull apart, and the color of the foam underneath just happens to be the exact same color as carrots.

Not all the time, but every once in a while you're going around and see a noodle or a piece of green onion sitting out on a chair, so that particular chair always make me look twice, since I think it's carrots there.

No comments: