Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Barbership conversation.

The other week when I was at the barber shop, the one (late middle-aged) (pot-bellied) (bearded) (kind of local stoner) barber guy who runs good masking policies was there as always -- I think he's the only barber -- and I was telling him about my realization that the acronym for Thai iced tea is TIT and so I shouldn't write that on take-out cups.

"But what about orders to make them there," he was like, and I explained that we had to make them up in-house for people eating in-house, too, and I had just been using that acronym on my little notepad for myself without thinking if I had to do that, and the computer system that you punched in the order on had the full name or something like that, when you printed out the bill, so you never ran into that problem there.

He then said he was confused, since his wife works at the local steakhouse "where you can make good money" and up until like a year ago, everything was handwritten, even the orders to the kitchen and the bills, so he was thinking that overall it was that type of situation.

"A lot of places just don't feel like paying for the monthly software," he was like.

He also was saying that business was slow that day, and he'd been watching The Glass Onion in the back, and he only had a little bit left.

He was a big fan of Knives Out, too.

No comments: