Friday, February 10, 2023

A dream of fields and an enchilada and burrito place.

Like a month ago I dreamnt -

It's a sunny day and I'm in this house in the fields and it's all surrounded by crops and solar panels, and I need to go meet some people, so I hop on a motorcycle and go up the country highway through town, and I get worried because I'm off the main drag and it's not on the usual route and I'll have to pay attention to where I'm going if I want to get back, and then I start to pass through a small town, and there's an enchilada and burrito place there that's set up on top of but also kind of next to the road, and since it's open air with like a lacquered wood and glass entrance area that goes up a small staircase to like a half-enclosed sun-bleached wood veranda area with seating and a bar and like these huge large barrels set up here and there amidst the tables as kind of like rustic style-setting tables, I figure it's safe to eat there, and so I go up there and it's this (white-bearded) (older) (white) (very white-skinned) guy with glasses whose place it is, and as we're talking about business hours and what good business he does, somehow I'm back towards the entrance door with him, and when he tells me that he opens when he feels like it, I notice that on the glass door there's window decals saying SUN MON and the like all the way through SAT, seven days a week, and though those are faded, the hours next to them are not only faded but also scratched out, since that's what he must have done to them since he really doesn't have any hours any more, and any hours that were once there on the door just aren't applicable.

And then, I wake up.

. . .

No comments: