Sunday, January 1, 2023

Tipping drama.

In the lead-up to the holidays, a lot of people came out of the woodwork and came out to the restaurant in big groups, and a lot of them were fairly weird and were not our usual clientele.

One big eight-person table straggled in and ordered in bits and took forever and was always wanting something, and the guy who grabbed the bill was this (younger) (bearded) (white) (townie) guy who wore flannel and who had pig eyes despite being skinny and who just seemed overall like he lacked class, and when they finally left and I went to go clear the table, I saw that he had left $10 on a $120 bill.

"Can you believe this?", I was like to my one (Thai) (newlywed) coworker, showing her the bill after I brought it back by the main register.

And, she couldn't believe it, but she also pointed out that there's an automatic 15% gratuity that the system adds on for every table that's 6 people and over.

"No way," I was like, since I didn't know that.

And, I said that he actually just handed me his credit card and never looked at the itemized bill I was bringing, so he probably didn't notice that, and he meant for the $10 to be the entire tip, but between that and the automatic gratuity, he actually ended up leaving a very good tip, overall.

"Instant karma," I was like.

No comments: