Saturday, December 3, 2022

Factoid about Thai culture.

In Thailand, they play Elvis's "Can't Help Falling in Love with You" a lot at weddings.

The (Thai) restaurant's Pandora or whatever was playing that one day, and the (wife) of the (young) (Thai) couple told that to me.

And, I asked her if they played that at her wedding, and she said that her and her husband got married, but it was just on paper and they haven't had a big celebration yet, they're going to have that next year after they move back to Thailand.

"His voice is so low," she was like, and she sang, "Ohhh," imitating Elvis. 

Later that same day, too, Pandora played that same song again, and some (older) (white) customer guy made a comment to me about the authentic Thai music, and so that made me be all like, "Well, actually...", and I shared that trivia with him about Thai weddings.

And, he didn't know what to say.

My coworker then told me like five minutes later that she had played that song again, since she had been thinking about it so much since we had been talking.

No comments: