Thursday, December 1, 2022

A tale of my (West African) postman.

So, like a month ago I was reading on the front porch, and my one (West African) postman stopped by, and we chit-chatted some like we pretty much always do.

And, when I said that my job was going good but I was tired a lot and I needed to caffeinate properly in the late afternoon to get my energy back, he told me that back before this job and back before when he was married, he worked as a gas station attendant at a gas station out by the highway, and one night he got home from the club one night at like 2am and went to bed, and they called him at 4am to come in, and though he said he only got 2 hours of sleep and he told them that, they made him come in to work at the gas station.

So, even though he never drinks coffee or anything, he got to work and he got a Five Hour Energy Drink and drank it, and for like ten minutes it was like it wasn't doing anything and he thought it didn't work, and then all of a sudden he felt like his chest was crushing, and then it gave him so much energy, that he couldn't get to bed until 6am the next day, and when he did, he totally crashed, and he was getting calls on his phone and he wasn't answering them and people were worrying about him and thought that maybe something had happened to him.

So then, after that, whenever people would be interested by the Five Hour Energy Drink stand right by the cash register, he'd point to that and tell his story, and tell people to be careful with it.

He also said that he doesn't drink tea or coffee, just beer, "Any beer I'll drink it," which surprised me, and I told him so.

"Oh yeah," he was like, "I'm like that."

No comments: