Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Restaurant prank (2 of 2): Me.

The other week at the (Thai) restaurant, the kitchen was pretty empty except for one (Central American) guy by the stove, and I headed over to put my lunch order in his queue of stuff to cook, and I had to walk into the little area where it's usually busy and we're not supposed to go, except for maybe when we give them our personal order to cook after-shift like I was doing just then.

And, just as I was turning around, there's a tap on my shoulder and it makes me jump.

And, it's another one of the (Central American) cook guys, who was coming back from somewhere with something and who I hadn't seen or heard approach, who decided to prank me and scare me by coming up behind me and tapping me on my shoulder all of a sudden.

And, as my head whips around to look, there he is, laughing, though not at me, but with me.

I have to admit, he really got me!

What a friendly thing to do; and we hardly talk at all.

No comments: