Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Restaurant prank (1 of 2): Husband.

The other week at the (Thai) restaurant, I was working with the wife of the one (young) (Thai) couple, and her husband came in and sat at a rarely used corner table and drank a pop and watched videos on his phone for quite a while.

As the lunch rush was dying down, we were passing by and I caught her attention and then I whispered to her, "That man at L3 is so strange, I think he's drunk, and he just tried to order twenty-three beers."

And all of a sudden, her eyes got all big and scared and you could see the gears start whirring and she was like "L3...?", and then what I just said clicked, and she started laughing.

Later, she told me that he was in between classes, but he doesn't like going to the library, so he comes instead to the restaurant, sometimes.

When our shift had ended and we were all going to leave, too, he was ahead of her heading out the door, and I was like, "I am so glad that man is leaving now, he is so strange, ten minutes ago he tried to order forty-seven more beers," and I got her to laugh again.

No comments: