Sunday, August 7, 2022

Temporary bower.

After the tree guys took out the one invasive species from the backyard by my cottage, this one long thin branch from the remaining good tree that it had been crowding out was now free, but it lacked support from the invasive tree's branches, and so it just reached out and sagged to the ground like 4-7 feet off the ground in the narrow space between my cottage and the front house.

I kind of liked it because it was almost like a makeshift bower that made you close to leaves, even though the branch was spindly and the leave bunches were sparse and clumpy, and I was even thinking that I could joke about selling naming rights to people -- the "so-and-so memorial bower" or whatever -- but then I came home later that week, and it was gone.

I can only assume that my landlord saw it and ripped it out, or there was complaints from my front neighbor whose apartment exit comes out through the back.

It kind of really was eye-level, and something that you could walk into.

No comments: