Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Unexpected return.

So, a few weeks ago I hear a familiar truck sound, and later I see the old (motorcycle-riding) (Indian-American) kid's vehicle parked next door again.

So, later when I see him outside, I go and say hi and I ask how his new job in a neighboring state is going, and he says he's back for 12 hours to help clean out the house.

So, I offer for him to finally take the tour of my cottage, and he's down, and and so he puts on a mask and comes over, and I kindly ask him to take off his shoes once he's inside the door.

"Oh I know," he's like, "I'm from an Asian household."

And, he says he's surprised how much space there is compared to how it looks like from the outside, and how it's bigger than some studios that you can get on campus that are a lot more expensive.

I also tell him that there's storage downstairs, which is nice since the closet is small, and he says he noticed that and was wondering.

Later, when I'm out reading on the front porch of the front house, the one upstairs neighbor with longer hair comes back with a few things from a "FREE" table that the neighbors had set outside, including a projector that he notes looks like it came from the local university, "but I'm not asking too many questions."

"I grew up with a hoarder," he was like, "So I have a hard time saying no to stuff like this."

No comments: