Monday, August 22, 2022

Returned perception...

 ...by my one (lawyer) friend from (Missouri), after her recent trip to Spain (her first big trip since the pandemic started!).

First, she can't believe how chaotic the city is, the one where she still lives and where I used to live in; she honestly thinks it will take like ten years for it to get back to normal, she's saying now.

(On another note, after yet another article about increased violent crime there on public transportation, my one [Spanish] language coordinator friend told me she's glad that I moved and am safer now.)

Second, my one (lawyer) friend from (Missouri) is convinced from talking to people there that the urban crime uptick is mainly an American thing; she says that people she talked to were really, really affected by Covid, and many had dead relatives that they were still mourning, and one (older) woman in Barcelona said that the younger generation has it horribly economically, but when she asked people if the city changed somehow, like with chaos or crime or whatnot, everyone was like, "No."

I was saying to her, then, that a lot is Trump, and that he just set people against each other and riled people up, and it's going to take a long time to recover from that, socially.

No comments: