Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Animals lately seen (4 of 4): Woodpecker addendum.

I forgot, along that same stretch of street like a few weeks prior, I was coming home in the late afternoon and heard a woodpecker pecking, and so I stopped and looked up into the trees to find it, and finally I saw it hanging out and occasionally pecking on the underside of this great tree limb that was stretching out over the street.

And, this (younger) (black) guy had been coming up the street towards me, so as not to freak him out by being some weird (white) guy stepping off the sidewalk and lingering while he approached, when he got closer, I was like, "Shhh, if you look, there's a woodpecker right here."

And, he not only stopped and looked, but he also pulled out his phone and took a zoomed-in picture to go show people.

He said he was visiting family here and was from Mississippi, and it was his first time in the area.

No comments: