Saturday, July 9, 2022

A dream, in Romanian.

The other week I dreamnt-

On a cool-ish gray day I'm standing on the shore of this ocean with stony sands that ease into large clumps of rock, and suddenly from a distance from behind this one rock I see a seal move and dive into the water, and all of a sudden I know that I'm standing with someone who's (Romanian) and that's their seal, and I have to wrack my brains and tell them what's happening, and finally I remember the vocabulary and am able to produce, "Foca ta merge in apa!" ("Your seal is going into the water!"), as I point to where the seal was when it went into the water.

And then, I wake up.

. . .

(The word "seal" is one of the animal vocabulary words that you have to memorize in the Animals unit on DuoLingo in the section there that I've been doing lately, at the time that I had this dream.)

No comments: