Saturday, May 21, 2022

Schlocky ancient writing translation.

Here and there, people occasionally ask me to translate schlocky uses of this one ancient writing system that I've been intensively studying, that people use on modern objects.

Like, my one lawyer friend from Missouri texted me this picture of a schlocky multi-colored enameled necklace pendant a friend found in her (dead) mother's things, and asked me what it said.

It didn't make much sense, and I said that at first, but then I thought better and slowly sounded out some foreign-sounding sounds and then slowly was like, "Drop... this necklace... Run... the other way....  Demons are rising."

"It doesn't say that!", she was like.

"Yes it does," I was like.  "You asked me to translate it, and that's what it says.  You have to tell your friend that."

"No I don't," she was like.

No comments: