Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Covid curmudgeonliness.

The other week I went to the one weird lobby bakery near me for a pastry and a coffee, and they wouldn't fill up my thermos like they did last time using a metal pitcher to get the coffee from the big thermos and pour it into my little thermos, because this new (tattooed) (middle-aged) (white) guy stopped the (young) (tattoed) (white) guy, saying that they couldn't do it, but that they could give me a paper cup and I could do it. "But I don't want to waste the paper," I was like. "Sorry," the (tatooed) (middle-aged) (white) guy was like, "But that's what the health department says." And, as he says this, both of them are standing there without masks. Like, what sense in the heck does that make?! I felt like such a Covid curmudgeon, though I didn't say anything, and just took the paper cup and went to go sit outside.

No comments: