Sunday, March 6, 2022

Healthcare licensing class rebuke:

A few weeks ago in my one healthcare licensing class during break, the one (older) (slightly crazy) (black lady) instructor called me aside to talk to me. "I have to mention grooming," she was like, referencing the student code of conduct that discusses no dyed hair, wearing deodorant, etc. As it turns out, the top of my uniform was noticeably crumpled from sliding around in my backpack on the way to class (I wear a different set of clothes on the bus, to reduce bringing potential infection into the classroom like I would if I wore my uniform on the bus and sat on the seats and whatnot and then came into the classroom and sat on the seats there; I've done the same thing throughout the entire pandemic, when traveling on public transportation to my jobs with the elderly and disabled). And, she said it shouldn't be a problem, since the uniforms come out nicely from the drier, so it shouldn't be happening. But, I didn't realize quite what had happened at first, though, since I was caught off guard, so I told her that I had had my uniform in the drier last night but fell asleep and it was crumpled when I got up in the morning with no time to iron it, and that was just random, so it wouldn't happen again.

No comments: