Thursday, March 10, 2022

A feat of environmentally-conscious cooking, with self-cooking no-boil lasagna noodles.

Before she moved, my one assisted living client with disabilities's (lesbian) sister gave me some leftover food from her pantry if I could use it, including two boxes of self-cooking no-boil lasagna noodles that you could just straightaway layer into lasagnas before you baked them, which I took, even though I never make lasagna. But, the other week I made up some lasagna soup - it's a trend the past few years, where people make up a tomato soup with ground beef and onion and green pepper and flavor it with (Italian) spices like oregano and whatnot - and instead of serving it over rice always, sometimes I'd break those noodles and put them in the soup that I'd heat up, and they'd be just like lasagna noodles in lasagna, except they'd be in my lasagna soup. And, I finally used up all of them, after they'd been in my cupboard for almost a year.

No comments: