Monday, March 14, 2022

A dream of karaoke.

A few months ago I dreamnt- I was at this dinner with a quite broad rectangular table and cream-colored table cloths and a lot of food heaped up on bronze trays all around it, and there was a karaoke portion where people would rise from their tall and blocky and somewhat throne-like wooden chairs and sing half-jokingly to all those around, and then, at the encouragment of some other diner, I stood to sing, and I began to sing a new Katy Perry song "Purple Flame," and then somehow I was with her running at a trot from the dining room and going through like the entrance tunnel that goes out into a stadium only it came out not into the arena floor, but out onto the side of the stadium seating, and she was singing the song into her microphone as she jogged, crowds hanging down over us, and then with the crowds on our sides as we trotted in the broad space like an aisle between seats, running in a circle around the middle of the stadium seats of the stadium as she sang. And, then, I woke up. . . . (A number of months ago I read a news story invovling the "Violet Flame" of the I AM Movement, and perhaps my sleeping brain combined that with Katy Perry's New Age dabbling, and some tweets about a new song she has out with some other artist.)

No comments: