Thursday, December 23, 2021

Weird window sight.

So, the window in front of my kitchen table in my new cottage looks right out into the yard, and for a while now there's been this weed stuck in the middle slat of the window pane that goes right across the middle of the window, like the top of a Queen's Anne Lace or something that has dried up and lost a lot of its branches, both the ancillary ones and the main ones.

The other day, then, I kept my blinds up longer than usual till it got dark out, and once when I glanced up while I was sitting there at the table, I saw that weed sticking there and it seriously freaked me out, when it gets darker out it looks much thicker than it actually is and so it looked exactly like a dried-up curled-up chicken claw just hanging there against the window, sitting there in the middle of space.

No comments: