Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Three omens, upon moving:

1) I find a classical radio station, and the piece that I'm listening to and sounds vaguely familiar ends, and it turns out to be Wagner's overture to "Rienzi," which I had just heard a few days earlier back in the city that I used to live in.

(It turns out that the station that I had tuned into was broadcasting the exact same syndicated radio show that I had heard just a few days earlier, back on the classical radio station that I used to listen to in the city that I used to live in!)

2) Two volumes with the world's oldest papyri were already sitting there at my new apartment waiting for me when I arrived with my U-Haul (I had ordered them a few weeks earlier, but I had assumed that shipping from Cairo would be much slower than it was).

3) In a not-good omen, on my first trip to the grocery store near me, my receipt for like $90 worth of groceries indicated that I had enjoyed exactly $6.66 in savings.

No comments: