Thursday, December 16, 2021

Evening out (2 of 2): Fresh perspective on parts of my life in recent years.

When I was out with my one (politics-careered) friend from college, his kids, and his girlfriend, I found out that his girlfriend used to be a political staffer, before she got sick of it and used the pandemic to make a long-overdue life move.

Interestingly, she's been increasingly sick of the growing number of influential nutjobs on both the left and the right, and she thinks that it's a huge problem that each party needs to clean up, though she doesn't know how they'll go about it.

When I also summed up my campaign of several years ago, including that I used my candidacy to get a political scandal in the press and that it eventually bore fruit and severely weakened the powerful incumbent, and that it cleared ground for redistricting to where it looks like he's not taken seriously and there might now be the creation of a long-overdue reboundaried district consolidating around a long-underrepresented ethnic minority, she was automatically like, "That's more than most elected officials can say they did in office."

Which, I think she meant honestly, and which I think is also true.

Just some credit more widely would be nice, for my accomplishments!

No comments: