Friday, December 17, 2021

Clear head.

So, a few days after I moved, I finally got around to sitting down to my first writing session in the college town that I moved to, to try to get some of my weekly writing hours in, not to mention start making up for the hours that I'd missed due to all of the stuff that I had to do to get ready to move and then actually go and move.

I honestly had my best writing day in like half a year, where I used an outline of a short op-ed that I'd previously made to whip up an entire rough draft, and then I engaged in some serious line-editing, all within the span of a very solid and very efficient and wonderfully pleasant two hours.

Before I moved, I had started wondering if there was something wrong with me, like my head was permanently foggy and I had a little cloud around my consciousness or whatever.

Now, I think it was just residual stress and the need to recover on my days off, from the way that the city I had been living in was deteriorating.

No comments: