Tuesday, December 14, 2021

A strategy for moving:

Since the resthome got us a Thanksgiving turkey again this year, but there was no way for me to cook it up since I was moving, and since on top of that I was also working Thanksgiving this year, I ended up having to take it with me when I was moving.

I googled a lot and it seemed like it would be fine so long as it thawed as little as possible, so what I did was turn my freezer down to the lowest temperature, wrap it in like 4 t-shirts and put all that in a canvas bag, and then I put the whole thing in the freezer and kept it there for like days. And, it was the last thing out of my house, and the first thing to move in when I arrived.

Unfortunately, the fridge at my new place had been unplugged, so I had to plug it in and let the freezer cool down again before I could put the turkey in, but the trip was only like 3 hours and the day was cool and even on the verge of cold, so I just set the turkey outside on the concrete slab outside my new little cottage, and it sat there in the evening for like another forty-five minutes, and then finally when the freezer was cold enough, I unwrapped the turkey and fired it in.

And, when I unwrapped it, the turkey was still so frozen that it was hard as a rock to the touch, all over its surface.

I think that was a success!

No comments: