Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Work pranks (2 of 2): Another serial killer joke.

Like a week later at the resthome, the one resident who buys Jolly Ranchers for me asked me for help getting a big suitcase down off of a high shelf way up high in her closet, and then setting it up in her room near her bed where she could get to it easily for packing, since her son was coming to visit and she was going to be heading out for like a week.

And, after I did that, I remarked on how the suitcase was just the right size to fit a body.

So, riffing off of that, I was like, "So, you know, please, please, whatever you do, please don't call me up to haul this out after you start putting a body in it, I don't want to get involved on that level."

And then, the resident looked me straight in the eye, and all out of nowhere she behaved very calmly and was like, "My son's a murderer," and then she pursed her lips and shook her head a little bit and was like, "That's why they won't let him in the building," and then during the ensuing pause when I didn't know what to say, she was like, "I actually walked into his apartment and I saw the body."

And, I just didn't know what to say.

Then, she was like, "I'm kidding!", and she laughed.

And, she said she was surprised that I believed her.

No comments: