Friday, June 11, 2021

Subway occurrences (2 of 2): Tragedy.

One afternoon last month as I was going to go catch the subway and go head into work to go work at my one assisted living client's with disabilities, I could start to smell something as I was going near the highway that's by the stop, and then I realized that something was burning, and then I saw smoke, and so all of a sudden I decided to stop going where I was going and so I went and I got up near the fence that looks out over the highway, and from there I could just see this car aflame.

And, I took two pictures, and as I went to go start taking the pictures, I thought of the person inside.

There's nothing that you could do, but you wanted to commemorate it as an event, separate from anyone even being in the car; it's like they didn't exist, but the event did, and I suddenly understood about why rubbernecking happens.

No comments: