Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Two experimental breads.

Like the past couple of years, I've tended to keep a loaf of cheap raisin bread in my freezer so that I can toast a slice or two and have it warm with butter as a treat snack whenever I want to.

Only lately, the grocery store that I go to in my neighborhood doesn't carry the same raisin bread brand that I've been getting.

So, I ended up getting this expensive raisin cinnamon bread brand for a time or two (the $4 a loaf kind, versus the $1.99 kind that I'd been getting, where the bread fluff was almost like a cheap, starchy white bread).

But, the last time I went in to the store, a few other bread brands caught my eye, and I came away with a maple bread and an apple bread.

It wasn't until later when I had them in my freezer that I realized that I'd splurged on two experimental breads, and I didn't have a predictable cinnamon raisin bread to fall back on as a snack.

As it turns out, the maple bread brand tastes like a cheap pancake maple syrup, while the apple bread brand tastes like a cheap apple flavor that appears evenly throughout the entire bread slice, and not contained into the little apple chunks that you can find sometimes in some apple bread brands.


No comments: