Thursday, May 20, 2021

"That's a good passport to have."

At the resthome, there's a(n older) resident who kind of went to high school in the same country that my grandparents became adults in, due to borders shifting around World War 2.

I hadn't seen her in a while and so the other week when we ran into each other in a social room there we caught up, and I told her that I had figured out that I could apply for dual citizenship there, and so I was pressing forward with that and it looked like it was a go, though the process takes time.

"That's a good passport to have," she was like. "E.U."

Due to the War, she and her family ended up in Canada and then South America, so she knows what she's talking about.

It's so interesting to have people in my life who have automatic perspectives like that.

No comments: