Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Great food swap.

Last month at my one assisted living client's with disabilities, I brought in some onion from home, so I could fry up some potatoes and onions for her with some leftover baked potatoes that she had in her fridge; I had had a big onion peeled and halved and just sitting out in my fridge so I could cut bits of it off to use in making salads, so I just cut a big slice of that off and I threw it in a sandwich bag, and that's what I brought in for her.

And, right before I left my client's house, her (lesbian) sister was over, and right before I left she was like, "Oh wait!", and she pulled out a row of individually prepackaged chocolate bunnies that were all linked together from the breadbox that's on the kitchen counter there, and she cut one off and gave it to me, and she was like, "I had this for you, can't forget that!".

Later when I got home, I realized that I had effectively swapped out a piece of a drying-out onion from my fridge for a small chocolate bunny.

Not a bad trade!

So, I texted my client and her (lesbian) sister that.

I think they got a kick out of it.

No comments: