Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A story of a name.

The other week at work, I asked my one (newer) (Filipina) coworker who's the sister of my one other (Filipina) coworker where she got her nickname from, since her full first name on paper when I saw it was something Spanish, and it looked nothing like what we call her around the resthome.

"Oh, that was my name for myself when I was a baby, I couldn't say my name," she was like.

Then, she threw on an excited parent face, and she said her name like three times fast in a cute voice like she was talking playfully to a toddler.

The next time I saw her, too, I told her that I liked the story of her name, and I threw on an excited parent face and recited her name three times fast in a cute voice like I was talking playfully to a toddler, and she laughed.

No comments: