Sunday, April 11, 2021

Job repartee (2 of 2): Microwaving stuff.

The other week at the resthome, I was assisting the one resident who used to be a building contractor back to his room like I always do after he got home in the mid-afternoon from his semi-regular noontime-ish appointment, but for some reason his lunch had already been delivered earlier, rather than brought to him right after he got home in the mid-afternoon.

And, we weren't sure how warm everything was, so I began microwaving the two warm vegetable sides, but he said to let him try the soup first, since he doesn't like it hot, anyways.

And, he tried a spoonful, and he was like, "Wow, that's cold!"

So, I went and microwaved that, too.

Then, the entree was a big chef's salad, so I pointed to that, and was like, "Should I microwave that, too? Ten minutes should do it."

And, he laughed, and was like "Get out of here!"

No comments: