Friday, April 2, 2021

Bible-reading planning.

For like over a year now, I've been hyped up on wisdom literature of the Ancient Near East, so I was very excited to read Proverbs, and it's been nice.

But, I had been planning after that to go and skip ahead to the Apocrypha and read stuff like the Wisdom of Jesus ben Sirach, but I was looking, and that's an effing long book, and in my reading plan that I had had in mind that would be a lot of long books to read in a row, like right after the Psalms and Proverbs.

So, instead, I'm thinking I'll mix in Tobit and Judith for fun to break stuff up, where I read one and then go to the Wisdom of Jesus ben Sirach, and then I read the other one, and then I go on to another long book.

The goal is "to read the whole Bible," so to my way of thinking, it really doesn't matter what order I do it in (I'd begun with the Prophets and am now finishing up the Writings, mixing in stuff from the Apocrypha as I feel it and it seems appropriate).

No comments: