Wednesday, March 31, 2021

How odd to be in a restaurant again.

Like a month or so ago, I finally had a long-delayed doctor's appointment, since I'm vaccinated now and so I've been working little things like that back into my life again.

And, I was planning to go and meet my one friend who dates musicians to go for a walk afterwards since she lives nearby the doctor's office I was going to, but I got out of the appointment early and so she asked me to kill time, and so I stopped by a (Cuban) cafe for coffee and a quick sandwich for like forty-five minutes, to kill the time until she was ready to go for a walk.

It was late afternoon and not busy and the tables there were spaced apart and there was like 2 other tables there, so it was easy for me to find a good place, and I did it on the other side of the room from everyone, and I made sure that there were no air vents blowing from over the heads of the other tables and towards me.

And, I made sure to wear my mask until my coffee and sandwich came.

Then, I read an article for a research project that I've been working on, in between chewing this really really tough ropa vieja.

It was normal, but it was also just weird to be out in a restaurant again!

I gave the (younger) (Latina) counterperson a nice tip, like $7 on a $13 bill (i.e., I slid her a twenty).

No comments: