Sunday, February 7, 2021

New grocery victory, and game.

From November into December into January, I spent exactly 9 weeks without going to the grocery store.

Yes, I get staff meals when I work at the resthome, and yes, I was drawing down stuff in my pantry, but still, that's pretty impressive.

Also, when I finally did go, I was surprised that my bill was like $170, since I had guessed that it'd come out to around $160, and then when I went through my receipt I noticed that my 2 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread had been rung up at $4 each instead of the $2 that had been advertised.

But, I play a game where I try to remember how much I'm up and how much I'm down when groceries are rung up wrong, to see if it evens out over time.

Last time this happened I had begun at around zero and the lentils I was buying had been mislabeled and so I had saved like $3 more than I should have, so now with my paying $4 more I'm down like $1 in the hole, where the store owes me money...

For now.

No comments: