Monday, February 8, 2021

Broken smartphone.

When my smartphone was breaking down back in December and January, it's like the bottom of the screen stopped being sensitive to touch and then that gradually crept upward.

Initially I googled it, and it turns out that it's a common problem and there's these apps that reproduce the crucial buttons that appear at the bottom of your smartphone, only on a new bar that you can move around and put elsewhere on the screen so that after you do that you can go and use your smartphone again.

So, I did that for a while, and then I could barely use the space bar and I could barely use the erase button, and then those not at all, and then the letters on the bottom of the keyboard started going, too.

And, after that, my workarounds that I began using started being really whack...

For example, I could start typing a word and then use predictive texting to finish off the message, but I could never put punctuation on anything, since that was firmly on the bottom part of the keyboard that was increasingly beyond my reach.

And, eventually, I couldn't even hit the "reply" button to reply to texts, but if just one friend texted me, I could press the "reply" notice on the notification that'd pop up at the top of my screen, and I could finish a message that way from there.

(If two or more friends texted, the "reply" shortcut wouldn't pop up, and so I couldn't reply to anyone.)

But, my phone eventually got so fucked up that I had to replace it, and I did, on the same day that I finally went to the grocery store after 9 weeks of not going there at all.

I had been waiting to do errands till after my immunity was finally likely to be up significantly after at least 2 weeks after my getting the first dose of the Covid vaccine, and so I did all of that stuff at once, after holding out for quite the while, with both my food supplies and my breaking-down smartphone.

No comments: