Sunday, December 6, 2020

Two bits of conversation and an exchange...

...from the resthome, recently:

1) I said I was tired to my one (townie) coworker who was working a double and has been working a lot of extra days lately, and as soon as I said that I realized how it sounded and I said I shouldn't say that to her of all people, "but it's lucky you're a woman, since women can take stuff, unlike men, who act strong but are actually posing and actually b*tch and complain all the time," to which she was like, "Yeah, but that still doesn't mean women always want to have to handle things..."

2) A coworker working at the front desk and another coworker were talking about someone who works in our building or used to work there, and one was like, "She actually said her husband wears adult diapers so he can keep gaming, if that was my husband, I would be so embarrassed, I would never talk about it, but she goes around talking like it's something normal..."

3) My one (townie) coworker showed me a video on her smartphone of how her two-year old son drums on her butt, and the look on his face when he pushed her shirt up and saw her tattoo for the first time.

No comments: