Tuesday, November 10, 2020

My worktrip to Germany (7 of 7): Red light district.

On one of the two days that I really had time off during my worktrip to Germany, I took a tram out to one side of the city to this big park, and I took a few hours and walked through that and by the major university and then back to city center.

And, I ended up passing through the several block red light district, which was like completely empty since it was like 7 or 8pm on a weeknight, and one sign I saw advertised Latina women at what seemed to be a place of prostitution, and another place looked like a club and had a sign above the door -

DAMEN & TRANSEN EINTRITT FREI

- which is like, "Ladies & trans*women - entrance free."

Then, when a few blocks later I was really down in the city center, it turned out that I was in the seedier immigrant part of town over to the west of the train station, the red light district blended into that and I hadn't quite realized it when I had been by there earlier.

No comments: