Thursday, November 12, 2020

A Dream of an Assisted Living Client: Vocabulary surprise.

Last month I dreamnt-

I'm lying on the floor with a number of people watching a nature special, and there's a picture on screen of a stony plateau abutting the sea, and a seal clambers up on top of it.

At that, I turn to my one assisted living client with disabilities, who's on the floor a few persons down from me, and I'm like, "Do you know what the German word for 'seal' is?".

"Uh, I don't know," she's like, "Maybe, uh, See... hund?".

"How did you know that?!", I'm like.

. . .

(The day of the night of that dream, my German vocab app taught me the word for 'seal,' which is Der Seehund, like the "sea-dog." I sometimes tell my client fun or funny-sounding German words I come across, and as soon as that came up as new vocabulary, I thought to myself, "I'm going to have to tell her this!".)

No comments: