Friday, September 4, 2020

Memories of two people who are now deceased (2 of 2): More presidential dissatisifaction.

The other week, the (aged) mother of my one friend with the cat passed away, I'm not sure of what, though she had bad dementia the past few years.

(I had met her mom once or twice.)

She said that all her life her mom wanted to fix things - she went back to school and took care of her family after her husband passed away tragically at a young age, and she was involved in integration fights way back when in the urban area where she was raising her family - but that she was getting madder and madder the past few years that she couldn't do anything about Trump.

Till, one day she told her daughter that she wanted to take him out.

"Mom, you can't do that!", my friend was like, to her mom.

"No, I'm perfect," her mom told her.  "I'm an old lady, no-one will suspect me, I can get close to him."

After the first time she said that, she began saying that every once in a while, in her dementia, and she and my friend her daughter would repeat that conversation.

No comments: