Saturday, August 15, 2020

Exchange with a (Tibetan) coworker: Teasing, Kamala Harris.

The other week I ran into my one (Tibetan) coworker with an inappropriate sense of humor on the rooftop patio at the resthome, since she was out there with a resident.

"I hope that this woman is treating you okay," I said to the resident, and then I had to repeat myself since they had earbuds in.

"Did you say 'okay'?", the resident was like.  "I can't hear you!"

And, after that, they weren't quite like themselves and they seemed not to be interested in what I was saying for some reason and they even didn't bother to try to find out what it was, so my coworker made a sassy "ha ha ha" mug at me and stuck out her tongue a bit, to mock me.

Later, I asked her about Kamala Harris as Biden's VP pick, and it turns out that she *loves* her.

"I saw her on TV, with what is his name, Kavanaugh," she was like. "She is great."

No comments: