Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A(n Ethiopian) coworker on coffee, the DNC.

 A few weeks ago, my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker put on some coffee in the office at the resthome, and she started saying again how much she loves coffee.

I asked her if she likes espresso, and she said she didn't know.

"Can I buy that at Starbucks?", she was like.  "I will try."

I also asked her if she likes cappuccinos, and she said that she didn't know what that was, either.

This past week, then, I asked her if she was watching the DNC, and she said yes, and I asked her if she had watched the speech of the kid who stutters, and she was like, "Oh, yes!", and she had the most vulnerable, compassionate look on her face when she said that, and you could just tell that she really loved that speech.

No comments: