Sunday, July 26, 2020

Rainbow fun.

Last month when I was at work at the resthome, a huge storm swept through the city in the evening, with just a huge downpour and strong winds, too.

Then, after I assisted someone getting ready for bed, I was walking down the hallways, when suddenly I notice all this light coming in the window and it's totally super bright out for that time of evening like right at dusk, and I look out and the sun is shining so strong, and there's this huge brilliant rainbow in the sky.

Then, I go to hurry off, and I bump into my one (cool) (Muslim) (Ethiopian) coworker, and I get her to come look, and she does, and she's super excited.

"Want to go to the roof to look?", I was like, and she was like, "Yes!", so we scurried over to the elevator to go up to the rooftop deck to go get a better look at the rainbow.

As we're going up, I realize that the one resident who I always joke with would probably like to come, too, and her room is like pretty much right across from the elevator, so I tell my coworker, "Wait here in the elevator for me, I am going to see if [name of resident] wants to come," so she waits there holding the door, and I head in and ask the resident if she wants to come look at the rainbow with us - she does, and she had just been looking out her window at how weirdly strong the sun was reflecting off of some nearby white buildings that she can see out her window - so I grab her coronavirus mask and I help her into it and then I wheel her in her wheelchair out in to the elevator and we all head up to the rooftop together.

It was deserted there except for the three of us, no-one goes there that time of night, and the sunlight had died down a little by the time we got up there, but the rainbow was still bright, and you could see another fainter rainbow just outside of it.

 . . .

Don't I have a great job?  All that shit was on the clock.

No comments: