Thursday, May 14, 2020

Health insurance (2 of 2): My allergies.

For like the second year in a row, my seasonal allergies are getting really bad, and are interfering with my ability to work at the worst.

At the end of last year, I finally found a medication that will dry me up, but at the worst of allergy season, it makes me feel woozy in the head, and with my really physical job, that can make it hard to get up and get down when you're on your feet all day.

The other day I didn't get enough sleep, then the subway train ride in made me feel sick, and I finally felt a bit better at work, but then having to wear that mask over my mouth triggered my nausea all over again every time I was close to someone and had to put it on, and finally I couldn't take it anymore and had to leave.

It got better after I caught up on sleep, but you still feel woozy, and that mask makes you feel like shit.

I've been wanting to talk to an allergist to get allergy tested (I haven't done that since I was a teenager), and maybe get allergy shots, but it's so tough and so many weeks and even months to figure out how to even begin that process in the hopes of maybe on day beginning to access care.  It's just very, very frustrating.

This country can be so jacked.

No comments: