Thursday, April 30, 2020

A coworker was watching "Contagion."

The other week, my one cool (Muslim) coworker from (Ethiopia) mentioned to me that she was watching the movie "Contagion" and was halfway through.

"It is so good," she was like.

"I've heard that it's good," I was like, and then I told her that I could never watch it because of the Gwyneth Paltrow autopsy scene that I had heard about, although I checked first to see if she would mind me discussing a spoiler.

I was also like, "He's a good director."

"Who is a good director?", she was like.

"Steven Soderbergh," I was like, "He makes a lot of lower budget movies in different genres that are all really good."

Then, I was like, "Have you heard of 'Magic Mike'?"

"No," she was like, "What is it about."

"Male strippers," I was like.

"What?", she was like.

"Strippers," I was like, "Men," and then when I could tell that she didn't know the word, I was like, "Strippers are people who take off clothes for money."

"Oh," she was like, "I don't want to watch that, I watch this, because it's Covid Nineteen."

No comments: