Sunday, March 29, 2020

Coronavirus (8 of 11): Food preparation.

For coronavirus, I got like enough food to last me a month, maybe more.

I got:

- 4 big bags of lentils and like 3 or 4 packets of celery (for my standard breakfast).

- a thing of tortillas and a thing of bread.

- a bunch of stable fruit like apples and oranges and pears that I could refrigerate for a while.

- 6 pounds of strawberries that were on sale.

- like 3 heads of lettuce for salads.

- two heads of cabbage and some onions and carrots, since they keep a while.

- an 8-pound bag of potatoes.

- two dozen eggs.

- some pasta and ramen noodles.

- two 1-pound bags of popcorn and two 1-pound bags of split peas.

- a couple of slices of smoked ham, which I froze.

I already had some peppers and tomatoes and tofu, as well as two huge bags of rice, so I figure I'll make a tofu soup-y thing that I can eat with rice, since that stuff spoils first.

Later I'll make maybe some cabbage-onion-tofu thing that I can eat with rice, and a thing of pea soup (with the carrots and ham and peas).

Beyond that, there's potatoes and pasta and cabbage soup in my freezer, and some different cans and legumes in my pantry.

I think like 3 to 4 weeks out is when I'll really have to start stretching things, unless I go to the grocery store again.

No comments: