Thursday, January 30, 2020

Soup disappointment that got strangely personal.

The resthome makes up great soups for everyone, and there's only a few that I don't care for too much (asparagus, celery, fish).

Pretty much all the other ones are really good, though, including this nice mushroom soup that they make, that you could just go and eat on and on forever.

The other week, though, they tried a new kind of it, and it was listed on the menu as "Hungarian mushroom."

I was all excited, but then I tried it, and not only was it not as good as the regular mushroom soup, but it also kind of tasted like shit, to the point where I wouldn't get it again, which is the case with only a handful of the soups there.

Too, I felt strangely disappointed by that soup, like somehow Hungarians had failed everyone.

I also didn't quite understand what was so Hungarian about the soup; it wasn't like there was paprika in it or anything.  I could kind of see a few chopped up green things on top, which I guess were herbs that somehow made the mushroom soup more Hungarian?

No comments: