Saturday, December 14, 2019

My new breakfast lately:

A bowl of lentils and a big side of celery sticks.

I really dislike most breakfast foods, and I've always liked savory more than sweet, some things like ice cream and certain breakfast pastries excepted.

As I've always put it, you know the people who like breakfast for dinner, and have a big stack of waffles at like 8pm at night?  I'm the opposite of that, where I'll have a big bowl of chili in the morning.

So, for years I've done stuff like having toast with butter, or hummus on toast, or something like that.

Since I want to watch my diet and I need to up my protein, I decided to do lentils, with a pack of leftover ramen noodle flavoring added in; the lentils are a lot of protein but not too much carbs, and the flavor adds salt and a little something extra, to make it extra tasty.

And, since it's getting colder out, a big bowl of microwaved steaming lentils in the morning is really hearty and tasty and warms you up when you get up in your cold apartment and eat it.

The celery is decent, too; it adds textural variety to the meal, and is surprisingly filling.

Sometimes, too, lately, I've had celery with mustard on it as a snack.

Got to watch my weight!

"Welcome to middle age."

No comments: