Sunday, December 8, 2019

Bedbug bites.

The other day, I woke up and got out of bed at my normal time, and I could feel bedbug bites rising all over me, like one on my lower back and like one on my buttock and then one on my upper back right under my right shoulder, and later another on my lower back, at least.

It had been an abnormally warm night, and at some point I'm guessing I must have kicked my quilt off and it had draped down to the floor and then they were able to crawl up it and onto me.

The thing is, though, is that it's been simply months since I've had anything, and I had over a year of nothing after I moved in to escape bedbugs from my last apartment, so it's clear that that first infestation must have been permanently and definitively snuffed out.

I really do think that after that they must have gotten reintroduced somehow and are now at home in my two-flat, first with my previous upstairs neighbors, and now with my new ones.

Thankfully my new apartment is so much easier than my last one; the past few times there's been bites, I just do laundry and keep spraying rubbing alcohol for a few days, then nada.

The walls and floors are so new, there's nowhere for them to hide, so the rubbing alcohol must kill them easily, when any of them make their way down to me.

I was smart, too, to keep all my laundry in plastic bins, so I don't have to go through the rigamarole of taking all my laundry out of my closet and washing it, every time this happens.

I've been living out of plastic bins with my clothes for like easily two years now, seriously.  Thankfully it doesn't bother me that much.

No comments: