Tuesday, December 17, 2019

More buliding blocks of Tibetan.

Besides my like five or six phrases that I know in Tibetan, I now know how to say a basic "it is" and "it isn't" construction, and how to pluralize nouns with the a "tso" addition or ending or whatever to whatever noun I'm saying.

The other week I found out how to say "teacher" so I could surprise my (Tibetan) coworkers who help me learn things by saying "hello, teacher!" and "good night, teacher!", too, and then right afterwards when one of my two (Tibetan) coworkers who I was talking with taught me the plural, too, I had to get going to do something, so I was like, "see you later, teachers!", and I tried pluralizing the word "teacher" that I know.

That made them laugh and one of them was like, "Good!", and when I asked, she said I said "teachers" right, and that she was impressed.

It was just pluralizing a noun using a simple ending I was taught, but that's cool, if she's impressed,  I'll take it.

No comments: